This will be brief, but just wanted to say how much I treasured each of you that commented and emailed me today :)
You are all so wise and I love and appreciate what each of you have to say b/c you all know me so well. I do plan to get help. It's just taking those steps to get there. I honestly just think I need to be forced to have some time for me...and maybe talking to some wise counsel will be my "me-time" :) I think the hardest thing about all that I'm feeling lately is that I know I am not in a good frame of mind and it's affecting everything I do/say/think/feel. I think I stink at mothering/wife-ing and just really enjoying life. I feel my mind is a blurr for my baby whom I really want to enjoy. I have no idea why my expectations of myself are so high and why I can't just "be still" when I really want to be. I guess I need to get to the bottom of all this.
I was down in the dumps last night...not really depressed, but more overwhelmed. Today was
slightly better. My sweet hubby let me sleep in while he took on the
morning routine. Logan cooperated and slept too. Ash crawled into bed
and slept next to me. It was nice to not feel guilty about taking this
little bit of "me" time. Sleep helped, down time helped, shutting the brain off helped....but I know it has not solved the problem.
Thank you, sweet friends and family for caring and offering your advice and support. It matters more than you know especially when I'm feeling so down on myself :)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment