Well, in just a few hours our Spring Break officially begins. Never have I been so happy to have a week of freedom come our way! In honor of the big week of "nothing" ahead, I thought I'd post some fun pics of our last Spring Break...where we did things much differently...in the fun and sun of Ft. Laud! While I am sad we won't be down there again this year enjoying the family, pool and beach, I know that this season of our life is really calling us to be home and not travel. I am ok with this and actually looking forward to it. But....looking at these fun(ny) pics of last March does make me miss my family all the more. A year ago, we were packing our bags (and our new beach towel) for some fun in the sun...Logan was ready for his 1st time in FLL at just 2.5 mos old!
He was ready for his first road trip...even down to his clothes... :)
Finally after the long 24hr drive, we were there....doing what we love most...spending time with Nina and Pops....just chillin'...taking walks...
...taking naps...
...chillin' by the pool and getting some sun on our white, pasty, Indiana bodies :)
...I must say the pool does sound good right about now...love this house, love this pool, love the memories we have built here...our first family of seven pool pic :) (it was a tad bit cold for Logan and I to go in so we did a "side of pool" pic :))
Nina's the best about having tea parties and good ol' laid back fun :)
Hailey before her big "adult-like" bday lunch with us ladies. My Aunt Mary took us out to a yummy lunch...Hailey didn't know it at the time, but she had calamari for the first time :) It was a special day with the Gritz ladies and a great way to celebrate Hailey entering her teens :)
Fun in the Garden's condo pool...our fav. warm pool! Pops and Hays look like Olympian water dancers don't they? lol!
One of our fav. treasured things to do on our FL trips is shop at Sawgrass (outlet mall)...and Sewing/Shopping Sharon almost always goes with us! Don't let the face fool you...this is a highlight for Shelby! :)
Our first family shot at the beach :)
Enjoying a very windy day...
My rendition of a baby tent...not sure Logan was impressed. He did not like the sun and sand. It kinda ruined his first beach trip :)
Nina and Pops threw a very fun 13th bday bash for Hays...even the big kids had fun :)
Gosh, I still remember them holding her when she was just born...and somehow she grew into this beautiful young lady...with wonderful, supportive grandparents :)
Love...love...love the view out my parents back porch...I will miss seeing the palm trees this March...
My sweet 13 year old...and now almost 14
Somehow she grew almost as tall as great-grandma G :)
Me and my babe chillin' in the pool and sun...best place to be!
We took our first train ride on Amtrak...
...and some fun at Bass Pro Shop!
...and more fun in the pool with crazy Uncle Jeff. I think this was his workout for the day :)
lol! The kids loved it...he's a great uncle :)
sweetness chillin' by the pool in his flip flops :)
Playing cards (while having ice cream)...always another highlight...
And my Hay's St. Pat's bday...at a rest stop on our way home...thankfully this year she will actually be home...though not sure that's any more fun :)
Just a few of the things we did last spring break....great times, great memories!
I am sure this spring break won't be quite as exciting, but hopefully will be full of rest, relaxation and some decluttering. This mama (and family) need to return in 10 days in a much better frame of mind!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬


























3 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS how I loved looking back on last yrs spring break!! It was soooooooooooo much fun!! What awesome pics!! Ahhh how I wish you were here right now!! But I know you need some good old spring "BREAK"!!!!! So I hope ya get some sleeping in, chilling out and just plain old clearing out of clutter!! It will be a good week I bet! ENJOY!!! Love Ya! Mom
Amazing report dear Kelly.
Kisses - Nathalie
Looks like you’re a family of swimming enthusiasts. Be it in pool or in a beach, I can see in those smiles that swimming is what makes your summer fun really complete. Oh well, what’s not to love about swimming, right? It’s an incredible way to freshen up and can be a form of workout as well. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!
Lindsay Wood @ PoolShopWA
Post a Comment