Well, I had high expectations for rest and relaxation this week. On Monday it looked like that might happen. -an unexpected snow day. Loved it. Very little agenda seemed possible. Tuesday came in like a lion. Hailey ended up with vomiting virus. She threw up as she was trying to walk out the door for school. She still wanted to go b/c it's ISTEP week. That was a no-go. We sent her to bed. Good thing we did b/c I think she puked continuously for the next 8 hours. She was in bad shape. She is usually our very healthy one...but I am quite certain her lock-in at church this weekend weakened her immunity. Lack of sleep and a very busy ballet schedule don't match up well. Poor kid was miserable yesterday. She got herself up today and went off to school and it looks like she made it through the day. I give her credit. Not sure I could do that. I am down and out today. So far I've not hoovered the toilet, but the stomach is churning and the head is pounding. This mama cannot get sick. Logan is either sick or teething or both. He has been a bear. All he wants is to be held and when he's held he can't get comfortable. He head-butted me bad and with that helmet it felt like a brick wall hitting me. Not cool. Shelb's not been herself either. She gets anxious about standardized testing and has been getting picked-on at school. I told her tell those bullies to "bug off"...but I just don't understand why people have to pick on her and call her ugly. She's such a beautiful little girl. She has so much strength in her so I hope she stands up to those pain-in-the-rear girls! I told her I'd go in there and say a few words to them. Of course, that was not an acceptable mom-thing to do :)
Just feeling very worn by things this week. On the bright side my Ash has been helping me tear through the basement slowly. It's a monstrous mess, but she is not discouraged and we both starting decluttering yesterday. It's an ugly sight down there, but my goal is to have it spic n span by May when Nina needs housing again :) Here's to some more energy this week and to much less sickness. And to better weather, which will allow me to air out the place and the germs! The countdown is on to spring break....9 more days and counting!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment